TOUGH TIMES






At the mention of the word “tough”, some will bolt faster than Usain Bolt. Many are scared of the word and the process involved but who has ever gotten to the pinnacle of success without enduring?


When I was an undergraduate, I faced the herculean task of completing my final year project. My supervisor was gentle on the face but tough on the inside. Submission date was looming and I had not written the final two chapters because she kept rejecting them.


 I was wearied after every effort of pleasing her. As I sat on the floor of my room, I felt an urge to pray, I yielded. I got insight on the specific things to write. Lo and behold, she accepted the project and graded me an “A”. She later recommended that the other students under her supervision should meet me on how to write their project.


One of the greatest basketball players of all time- Michael Jordan once said “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, do not turn around and give up. Figure out a way to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” This is the simple truth.


There is no “goal getter” that will not go through tough times. Check the scriptures, you will find King David, Apostle Paul even Jesus Christ! And when you look outside the Bible, you will hear of Abraham Lincoln(Lost eight elections before he became the 16th President of America) , Bill Gates first business failed (Now the richest man in the world) ,  Benjamin Franklin dropped out of school at the age of ten yet he went on to become one of Americas’ founding fathers.  They all had a similar issue: they suffered hardship but triumphed at last. What should give you joy is that they are also humans so that means you cannot afford to give up.



Always remember this: You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.


Written by:
Ilesanmi Paul
Ilesanmiolatundepaul@gmail.com

Click to connect with him on Facebook





Thanks for reading. Please share if are blessed and leave your thoughts in the comment section below. Also check out other inspiring write ups here and subscribe.

Comments

Popular Posts